Saturday, April 4, 2009

Haven't been feelin' it...

It's been a while since my last post. I just haven't been feeling the whole blog thing. Quite a bit has happened since my last visit to blog world!

I picked up my new Jeep and have been loving it!! Although it has rained almost every day since I have had it, it's still super fun to drive! My best friend (Karla) from Phoenix came to stay with me for a few days. Rich went to Brazil for a week. My stepmom got a bad infection from an abscessed tooth, was really sick for a few days and ultimately had to have it removed. But the thing that has affected me the most was my mom getting laid off from her job. I finally talked to her and she seems to be doing okay so that is a load off! But I wasn't expecting that at all! She didn't want to talk for the first few days and I just stayed worried that whole time. It just sucks that someone who has been through so much and has financially and emotionally come so far, should lose her job. Not fair! But she is a survivor and will triumph again! I believe that in my heart of hearts!

I think so much going on in such a short time just put me into a funk that I have finally been able to come out of. I try to pretend like I can handle it but I really don't deal all that well with changes, surprises and things that interrupt my daily routine. I can adapt to just about anything but it takes some time and when too many things are going on at once my head starts to spin. But he spinning has stopped, life is back to all it's splendor and beauty and everyone I love is healthy! That is a wonderful thing!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your moms job. She is a survivor so she'll pull thru but it doesn't make the junk stink any less... I understand. I don't blog when I have a lot in my head or on my plate either. I like to sort things out and work thru them before I share them with the world.
    Take Care!

    ReplyDelete