Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Celebrity - Noun vs. Verb?

For some reason I started thinking about how obsessed society is with celebrities. Well, celebrity in general, actually. Anyone will do anything to get 15 minutes of fame. I was watching The Doctors" today for about 5 minutes before I had to change the channel because it was about people who harm themselves while being filmed in order to post videos on YouTube. One guy wrapped his foot in plastic wrap, covered it in cooking spray and lit it on fire! I ask this often and have yet to figure out the answer, WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?? But, back to celebrities. I was thinking that I have a list of celebrities that I tend to be fascinated with! It's weird, but I am so curious as to what they think and do n a regular basis. I know, I am feeding into the whole reality show, fame, Hollywood bullshit but I am really so interested in these peoples' daily lives! If they have a reality show already, you can bet I watch it and if they got one, I would be all in! Here they are, in no particular order: Kathy Griffin, RuPaul, Britney Spears (as a mom), Jennifer Aniston, Bret Michaels, Steven Tyler, The Jolie-Pitt Family (not individually mind you, the WHOLE family) and Kat VonD. Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Then there are the celebrities (or people that get their names in the tabloids regularly) that I would love to never hear another word about again! The people that can just go away are: Lindsay Lohan, Kate Gosslin, Octo-Mom, any of the people from The Hills, Tori Spelling, Michelle Obama, Kanye West and Mariah Carey. The last two, especially! UGH!!! Don't get me wrong, I am just as obsessed as the rest of society but, like most people, I feel like I have a healthy grasp on what is "normal".....HAHA! Probably not but, oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment