Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Something Special

I don't even know what to write. I just felt like I hadn't posted a blog in forever so it was time to say something, anything. What if the blog site is like a stagnant credit card or email account? If you don't use it in a predetermined amount of time it just deletes your account? That recently happened with one of my old credit cards. I was cleaning up my credit accounts and when I called to cancel they informed me the "due to inactivity" my account had been canceled a long time ago. At first I was relieved because I thought "Great! That saves me the trouble!" But then I thought, "What if I was saving that credit line for an emergency or something special?" Then I was kind of offended because, had that been the case, I would have gone to make my "special" purchase and been blindsided by the fact that I had no credit line where I thought one existed. But in hindsight, the actual card in my hand was expired and I never got a new one so I could have probably assumed the expiration of that particular account. Plus, that credit card was for Tires Plus and I don't ever see myself surprising Rich for our anniversary with tires or a pine tree air freshener...

No comments:

Post a Comment